Saratoga Springs, New York
117th place of 2nd grade, $200,000 Saratoga Special It was the track’s second-place race at the Summer Conference for 2-year-old boys. Field six was drawn for the 6 1/2-furlong run, led by apprentice Norm Casse Rhyme Schemes, which had the highest speed figures of the year for children. 2 years old
The boys’ races began in the opening week with the Sanford 6 Furlong (G3), followed by the Saratoga Special and ended with the Hopeful 7 Furlong, the conference final grade 1.
Here’s the full pitch analysis for Schylerville with the morning line from horse racing nation employee.
1. rope, 10-1. sibling – Juan Alvarado / Edgard Zayas – 1:1-0-0 – $43,000 Lasso used a late rally to destroy his girl at first asked and circled the field to win at odds of 9-5 on a sloppy and sealed track at Gulfstream. Third-place finisher Park returned to win his next start in the first extra weight at the Florida track. use below.
2. flea market, 12-1. street sense – D. Wayne Lucas / Jamie Torres – 2:1-0-0 – $70,913 Market Street was a rare first starter for Coach, and that happened at Ellis Park in late June on a sloppy track. He tried the Sanford Stakes (G3), where he stumbled at the break and still managed to set the tempo, but faded as he stretched. Lucas has won three specials, most recently in 2001. use below.
3. Woodcourt, 10-1. Ransom the Moon – Brendan Walsh / Jose Ortiz – 2: 1-0-0 – $70,600 Woodcourt destroyed his maid in his second start at Ellis Park, defeating the field by seven by more than one length. At its debut at Keeneland in April. He accelerated and faded into seventh place. throw.
4. drag, 8-5. mule army – Todd Pletcher / Irad Ortiz Jr. – 1:1-0-0 – $49,500 Haul was bought in March at Ocala for $260,000 and spent just four months preparing for the launch. He won that race at Belmont. Park last month by three runs after accelerating as a 1.25-1 favorite in an eight-horse field. Surprisingly, Pletcher only had one win in the specials in 2013 against Corfu. use below.
5. uplift, 3-1. carpet – Steve Asmussen / Joel Rosario – 1:1-0-0 – $69,600 Edified, a $650,000 buy-in, won the first hook at Ellis Park more than three times with Steve Asmussen’s nine-horse stalking trip, odds 9.85-1. That’s higher than expected for the opening winner from that barn. Which indicates that there may be some highly regarded horse on the track. Asmussen has five special victories, the most recent being Jackie’s Warrior in 2020. beat rivals.
6. touch pattern, 9-5. Ghost Sapper – Norm Kasse / Ricardo Santana Jr. – 2:1-0-0 – $70,950 Rhyme Schemes flashed in his second start. This helped him win over nine 10-horse races at Ellis Park in June. He was sixth in his debut at Churchill Downs and was 8.16-1 when he won. daily competition form, As soon as possible for a 2-year-old child this year. top choice.
summarize: Competitions for 2-year-olds with disabilities in the summer are harder than ever. because in today’s world Many of the top horses have transitioned from their first wins in the special weight classes to direct point races. For Saturday’s Saratoga Special, that was true for all runners except Market Street, who ran in Sanford after the first breaker. his The fact that the horses come to the special racetrack from four races makes the decision making process difficult.
Rhyme Schemes leads the field with two-race experience and a quick first win at 9 1/2 lengths at Ellis Park, and that makes him the top pick.
Edified would be the second pick considering his impressive first win. high bid And the outstanding performance of trainer Steve Asmussen in this competition.