The Los Angeles Angels (58-59) Facing Houston Astros (67-50) in Game 2 of a 3-game series on Saturday, first pitch from Minute Maid Park at 7:15 p.m. ET (FOX). Let’s analyze BetMGM Sportsbook’s lines around it. Angels vs. Astros odds and make our expert MLB picks and predictions for the best bets.
Season series: Astros lead 8-3.
The Angels dropped the series opening 11-3 Friday, breaking a modest 2-game winning streak. They have lost eight of their last 10 games. They are ranked 4th in the AL West behind the division-leading Texas Rangers. 11½ games and AL Wild Card final 6½
The Astros have won 4 of their last 5 games and 8 of their last 11 games overall. They have a 2½-game lead over the Toronto Blue Jays for the 2nd AL Wild Card spot and behind the Rangers for a 2½-game lead.
Angels at Astros projected an appetizer.
L.H.P. Tyler Anderson vs. RHP JP France
Anderson (5-3, 4.92 ERA) made his 20th start and 21st appearance. He has a 1.51 WHIP, 3.8 BB/9 and 7.4 K/9 in 104 1/3 innings.
- Last start: Lost 5 IP, 2 ER, 2 H, 3 BB, 6 K in a 3-2 home loss against the Seattle Mariners last Saturday.
- Two or fewer runs have been allowed in 4 of his last 6 starts.
- 2023 road stats: 2-2, 5.01 ERA (59 1/3 IP, 33 ER) in 10 starts and 1 clean start.
- Career vs. Astros: 0-1, 6.37 ERA (29 2/3 IP, 21 ER) in 6 starts
- 2023 vs. Astros: 0-0, 3.00 ERA (3 IP, 1 ER), 5 H, 2 BB, 5 K in 1 start, 9-8 home loss July 16.
France (8-3, 2.75 ERA), starting 16 and playing 17, he has a 1.24 WHIP, 2.7 BB/9 and 6.4 K/9 in 95 innings.
- Last outing: Won 3 1/3 IP, 1 R (0 ER), 3 H, 3 BB, 4 K in relief in a 9-7 win at New York Yankees Sunday.
- Last Start: Won 7 IP, 2 ER, 7 H, 2 BB, 6 K in a 7-3 home victory against the Cleveland Guardians July 31.
- The Astros are 6-0 in their last six starts.
- 2023 home stats: 3-1, 3.74 ERA (43 1/3 IP, 18 ER) in 7 starts.
- Career vs. Angels: 0-0, 2.38 ERA (11 1/3 IP, 3 ER) in 2 starts – Last: No decision, 4 1/3 IP, 4 R (2 ER), 9 H, 0. BB , 2 K in a 7-5 Street Victory July 14th
The angels that the Astros bargained for
Powered by BetMGM Sportsbook; Access USA TODAY’s Sports Scores and Sports Odds Center for the full list. Line last updated at 12:08 p.m. ET.
- Moneyline (ml.): Angels +145 ($100 bet to win $145) | Astros -175 ($175 bet to win $100)
- Running line (RL)/Anti-spread (ATS): Angel +1.5 (-135) | Astro -1.5 (+110)
- Over/Under (O/U): 9.5 (O: -110 | U: -110)
Win Your Fantasy Baseball League with BaseballHQ.com For decades BHQ has been helping players like you win! use couple code SBW23 for $15 off Draft Prep or Full Season Subscription New Customer Offer Expires 4/30/2023 Sign up today and start winning!
Angels chosen by the Astros and predicted.
Astros 7 Angels 4
The Astros have dominated the postseason series, winning 8 of their 11 games. They are 8-3 in their last 11 games.
The Angels are 2-8 in their last 10 games and 27-31 on the road overall.
Astros have won France’s last 6 matches and the last 7 matches.
Betting on the Astros on the moneyline isn’t bad. But it’s close to not worth it.
Houston’s recent play shows that the spread is the better play.
Run line/anti spread
The Astros have won 6 of France’s last 7 matches, with 2 or more wins overall. Seven of their last 9 victories overall have come from multiple runs as well.
Six of their 8 victories over the Angels have been 2 or more times.
Nine of the Angels’ last 11 losses have been attributed to multiple runs.
Bet on ASTROS -1.5 (+110).
Play our free every day. Pick’em Challenge and win! play now!
The last 4 games between the two teams — and 5 of the last 6 games — have totaled 10 or more runs.
Five of the Astros’ last seven games overall have double-digit runs.
Bet Over 9.5 (-110).
For more selections and sports betting tips.Check out SportsbookWire.com and BetFTW.
More MLB coverage:
Baseball HQ Fantasy Baseball
BaseballPress.com: Your Source for Every MLB Lineup
Gannett may receive revenue from sports betting operators for spectator referrals to betting services. The Sports Betting Provider does not influence or generate such income in any way dependent on or connected to a newsroom or news coverage. Compliant Please see the provider website for terms and conditions. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem We are here to help. Call the National Council on Problem Gambling 24/7 at 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ, OH), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA), 1-800-9- With-IT (IN). Must be 21 years of age. up to be able to gamble Sports betting and gambling are illegal in all places. Be sure to obey the laws that apply in your country of residence.
#Los #Angeles #Angels #Houston #Astros #Odds #Picks #Prediction